The Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Alumni Association provides leadership, support, recognition and encouragement to foster lifelong relationships between and among the Alumni, the students, the Departments, faculty and the University of Toronto.
To develop and maintain contact with Alumni for social and professional purposes
- Expand the content and size of the Update magazine
- Make use of the Departments and Alumni association websites
- Provide educational and social gatherings for all alumni
- Communicate with and keep class representatives well informed.
To provide information about our alma mater, the faculty, the students and our Alumni
- Invite class representatives to provide reports in Update e.g. awards, retirements
- Have regular reports from Faculty in Update
- Profile various alumni and students and their activities in Update.
To recognize and reward academic and professional excellence
- Provide Awards for students and Alumni
- Report awards in Update
- Support convocation
To assist the students with their educational, professional and fundraising initiatives
- Provide informal mentoring e.g. gatherings, panel Q and A, presentation on a variety of practices in the field
- Join forces with students in community events e.g. Dragon Boat Race, Ride for Heart
- Participate in appropriate job fairs
- Participate in fundraising events that support students financial needs
To participate in fundraising to support the Alumni Association and its constituents.
Updated October 2014